Provence. The mere sound of the word brings rise to so many dreams of Mediterranean bright light, dramatic landscapes and picturesque villages taken from all the books and films I grew up on (Jean de floret, Manon du source, la gloire de mon pére, to name few) and artists like van Gouge, Gogain, Matisse and […]
Daily Archives: Monday, July 20, 2015
MY WEEKLY TIP
Have you ever found yourself staring at your open fridge or larder, scanning the products and ingredients and have absolutely no idea what to make with them, or what do you feel like eating?
And what if this situation repeats itself again and again over a period of time?
Well, you are experiencing a ‘cooking crisis’. It happens to the best of cooks!
Here are some key strategy solutions to over come the crisis:
1. Go back to basics, opt for the most simple recipes that always work.
2. Make a list of your all time favourites and stick to them for some time till you feel creativity is crawling back.
3. Focus on one ingredient you have or feel like eating and look for recipes using it as the main ingredient.
4. Think of what type of dish you feel like eating; soup, salad, burgers, pie etc. and look for a recipe for that.
5. Cook together with friends and family or initiate potluck dinners. Sharing cooking and eating with others can inspire you and boost your creativity in the kitchen.