CERTIFIED NATURAL NUTRITIONIST
It was over twenty years ago that I embarked on my journey of self-healing through healthy eating, and for many good reasons. I wanted to be a more vibrant, better functioning version of myself, I wanted to have children, to shed weight and so forth.
Soon after starting on this new lifestyle did I notice the transformations that followed: I was more present within myself, my senses sharpened, my awareness rose, levels of stress and anxiety decreased significantly- but most importantly, I learnt to love and accept myself in ways that I had never before. It was then that I realised that this was not only my physical journey, but also my spiritual. As life goes on through its long series of cycle, the Galit reborn through all this only craves fresh, wholesome foods that fuel both the soul and body in a most pulsating way.
MY MISSION STATEMENT:
I see my mission as being the bridge between an indulging culinary world and the new nutritional science, with a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual (well) being.
MY FOOD PHILOSOPHY:
– Eat only fresh, natural foods. Keep processed food to the minimum, with the exception of essential condiments like olive oil, good mustard, vinegar and so on. As for the rest, buy only raw ingredients like vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds, unprocessed grains, spices and herbs. If you are not vegetarian, forget sausages and other processed products and just go for fresh cuts of meat, poultry and fish. In other words, focus on one-ingredient-foods e.g. tomatoes contain only tomatoes, walnuts contain only walnuts and so on…This means you will be cooking from scratch and know exactly what went into your food.
– Prepare your food with care and love. The good energy that goes into the food we eat is as important as its nutritional value. Take your time when cooking and make it as beautiful and enjoyable as possible.
– We live in the here and now. Try to stick to local and seasonal produce, organic when possible. This will make your cooking not only delicious but also much more interesting and creative and our world a better place. Relate to the changing seasons when choosing ingredients and recipes as well as balancing between raw and cooked food.
– Eat mainly plants. Most of what we eat should come from plants: leaves, roots, stems, fruit, seeds, flowers… Animal source foods should be only a small addition to this vast, plant based beautiful variety.
– Keep it simple! If you are using good and fresh ingredients there is not much left to do, so go for simple recipes and cooking techniques.
– I go for quality over quantity. I prefer to eat less but super well, and so does my body. When the food is super delicious and nutritious you and your body are already satisfied, you don’t need much.
– Go Gluten free! Even if not diagnosed with gluten sensitivity or intolerance I think we should all try and eliminate this destructive protein from the menu. There’s no need to be fanatic about it, but do keep it in mind. All my recipes are naturally gluten free or with a gluten free alternative.
MY HEALTH PHILOSOPHY:
From everything I learned and experienced I made my observation that these are the three major pillars of a healthy and balanced body that functions optimally:
– Clean and detoxify your body; minimize the presence of substances and toxins that don’t belong in your body.
– Maintain the right acidity; keep an alkaline body, as an acidic body is a fertile ground for inflammations and developing diseases.
– Keep a healthy and well balanced microbiom e.g. More probiotics then pathogens in your gut flora. 80% of the function of our immune system is down to the bowel bacteria and so is our brain and mental functions.
AND FOR SOME PRACTICAL INFORMATION:
I was born and bred in Israel and I’m living for the last 14 years with my family in the Netherlands. I studied (and practiced) art and design and for the last 13 years I turned my passion to healthy eating into a professional occupation.
I co-wrote and published two books together with Vardit Kohn; ‘Snoep Goed’ and ‘Koken in Kleur’
I am a certified natural nutritionist, co-owner of greencatering.nl and working as Privet chef.
To contact me you are welcome to write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 621 843221