This is one of my favourite salads and I always order it when I go to Thai restaurants. Home version is obviously much tastier and healthier. Exotic and refreshing and you can determine how spicy you want it to be.
For 4 servings
- 1 cup green papaya, in fine julienne
- 1 cup cucumber, in fine julienne
- 1 cup carrot, in fine julienne
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A large handful of Thai basil, torn
- A large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- Juice from 1-11/2 limes
- 1 tsp honey
- Himalaya salt to taste
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad. Mix well, you might have to use your hands to separate the vegetables strings and spread the dressing evenly.